Fall 2008 – Current
Director of Development Projects
Warner Bros. Records
- Produced websites, games, social applications, e-commerce stores, and other digital products for top-selling artists and newer breakout acts.
- Gathered requirements from key stakeholders to determine creative/business goals and transform them into action items, wireframes, spec documents, budgets, and timelines.
- Pitched creative ideas to marketing teams based on latest technological developments.
- Managed teams of designers and developers to ensure deliverables were beautiful, functional, on brand, easy to use, delivered on time, and achieved stakeholder goals.
- Implemented best practices as determined by A/B testing and evolving industry standards.
- Recruited and managed outside technology and creative vendors across multiple countries.
- Tested rigorously to guarantee products were scalable, intuitive, engaging, easily shared, discoverable, and bug-free across all platforms and devices.
- Developed production tools, workflow processes and training documentation.
- Ensured that all concurrently running projects all hit launch deadlines by managing priorities, reallocating resources, and coming up with innovative solutions.
Fall 2007 – Fall 2008
TLR New Media
- Built performance-tuned, multi-user sites with fast load times, dynamic and intuitive interfaces, and optimal searchability.
- Ensured websites launched bug-free across multiple platforms.
- Streamlined production workflow for rapid deployment by target launch dates.
Spring 2006 – Fall 2007
Founder and CEO
- Managed marketing and web development company using freelancers.
- Created project proposals, estimates, and took ideas from start to finish.
- Increased sales and online visibility for clients through market research.
Summer 2005 – Summer 2006
Junior Designer and Web Developer
- Created database-driven, search engine optimized, standards compliant sites based on the Drupal CMS
integrated with other open source applications.
- Implemented latest Internet trends and technologies such as tagging, syndication, mobile applications, social networking, microformats and more.
Winter 1999 – Spring 2001
Writer, Design Editor, Web Master and Managing Editor
El Vaquero Newspaper
- Perfected journalistic writing skills in both news and entertainment areas with careful attention to
accuracy, clarity, grammar and Associated Press style.
- Held training sessions for online publishing and Quark Xpress layout software.
- Strengthened brand identity and boosted advertising revenue with a redesigned newspaper format, press kits, stationary and a dynamically-driven web site.
2001 – 2004
Interdisciplinary Computing and the Arts
University of California, San Diego
1998 – 2001
Scholar’s program – Dean’s List with Honors
Glendale Community College
HTML5 / CSS3
Drupal / WordPress
Premiere / After Effects
Mark is a fast-moving, highly creative professional, capable of handling code and design with equal facility. He has an excellent eye for usability and aesthetic, and is always a pleasure to work with.
If I had the opportunity to work with Mark again, I would take it in a heartbeat.