Fall 2008 – Current
Director of Development Projects
Warner Bros. Records
- Project manages designers and developers to create online digital products.
- Communicates with artists, managers and marketers to realize creative goals.
- Manages production timelines and budgets to keep projects on target.
- Designs user interfaces for web and mobile for maximum usability.
- Pitches creative ideas using latest technological developments to marketing teams.
- Develops and maintains technology infrastructure.
- Provides support, training and documentation to WBR divisions on web technologies.
Fall 2007 – Fall 2008
TLR New Media
- Built performance-tuned, multi-user sites with fast load times, dynamic and intuitive interfaces, and optimal searchability.
- Ensured websites launched bug-free across multiple platforms.
- Streamlined production workflow for rapid deployment by target launch dates.
Spring 2006 – Fall 2007
Founder and CEO
- Managed marketing and web development company using freelancers.
- Created project proposals, estimates, and took ideas from start to finish.
- Increased sales and online visibility for clients through market research.
Summer 2005 – Summer 2006
Junior Designer and Web Developer
- Created database-driven, search engine optimized, standards compliant sites based on the Drupal CMS
integrated with other open source applications.
- Implemented latest Internet trends and technologies such as tagging, syndication, mobile applications, social networking, microformats and more.
Winter 1999 – Spring 2001
Writer, Design Editor, Web Master and Managing Editor
El Vaquero Newspaper
- Perfected journalistic writing skills in both news and entertainment areas with careful attention to
accuracy, clarity, grammar and Associated Press style.
- Held training sessions for online publishing and Quark Xpress layout software.
- Strengthened brand identity and boosted advertising revenue with a redesigned newspaper format, press kits, stationary and a dynamically-driven web site.
2001 – 2004
Interdisciplinary Computing and the Arts
University of California, San Diego
1998 – 2001
Scholar’s program – Dean’s List with Honors
Glendale Community College
HTML5 / CSS3
Drupal / WordPress
Premiere / After Effects
Mark is a fast-moving, highly creative professional, capable of handling code and design with equal facility. He has an excellent eye for usability and aesthetic, and is always a pleasure to work with.
If I had the opportunity to work with Mark again, I would take it in a heartbeat.
Producer, Composer, Audio Engineer
Simply put, Mark’s ear to the bleeding edge of technical development and eye for the newest cores of creativity make him one of the few folks defining the future of art and technology. Highly recommended!